Find Out Your Next Step
![]() |
| Image from Pixabay |
Have you already come across that point of 'emptiness' or maybe I can say 'nothingness'? Or maybe you have just entered into the phase. Yup...that point of time when we just don't know what should be the next step.....what do we want to do next? Or we just fail to figure out our dream, passion, what do we actually want to do. This is I think the toughest phase when you want to do something but don't know what's that thing you want to do.
After the common study course of school some set out to fulfill their parents' wish, some figure out themselves what they want to study and some start to roam in the confusion that what they actually want. In our childhood when someone asks "what do you want to be in life?"....our wishlist was overloaded with multiple desires. 'I want to be this...I want to be that'....answers kept changing every time. Reality is something else.
People always say follow your dream, follow your passion but they don't mention Do I need to find it? or it will come to me automatically.....if so what's the time?
I personally think passion doesn't just pop up. We human beings are learning and growing every day. We are seeing others....listening to their success story...getting inspired, motivated, and then comes the desire to do something in life which will define us.
But what should I do? Logic is saying keep trying for job...govt. or private. But the mind is saying no...probably that's not what I want...I am looking for something where I can smile every day.
These things are not very easy to make others understand so we start to try for jobs....but mind keeps finding. Now, the most important thing is you need to help your mind otherwise it will just keep searching. More clearly, you need to help yourself.
HOW?
1. Cut out the option of 'giving up' :
This thing we need to implant in our minds at the very beginning. You are just not allowed to give up on yourself if you really want to do something in life. The moment you decide to give up, you lose everything....nothing can help you out.
2. Believe in yourself :
To achieve something you need to believe first that 'you can do it'. This is a very common statement we hear every here and there. But this is the truth. Whatever we are trying to do or find out in life....we need to believe that we will get it one day and we have to live that thought. Self-confidence is the key to achieve anything in life.
3. Staying on track :
After a certain time, we start to adjust to whatever we have and stop searching for that one thing which could have changed our life. This shouldn't happen. Every day is supposed to be a new start. Every time you ask yourself 'what's that thing I really want to do?' the answer should be 'I am on it' instead of 'I don't know'.
4. Be creative :
We need to try things out to decide which one is ours. Many options are there - acting, writing, singing, dancing, cooking, designing, blogging, online startup, and so on. There was a time when these things use to be hobbies. But today, through social media we have a vast platform where we can reach the world with our work and can actually make that a livelihood. All we need is to do the work wholeheartedly.
5. Stop blaming luck :
6. Have patience :
Achievement or success doesn't come in a jiffy. It varies for everyone. Some are getting before us doesn't always mean they are getting quickly. Maybe they have started earlier. So just keep your hard work on with patience.
7. Don't lose hope :
The thing that hurts more than failure is when we see people around us are giving up on ourselves and we start to lose hope gradually. Just look around today's situation. India has topped in having COVID-19 affected still we are going out and doing our daily chores on this hope that if we take proper protection maybe we can survive. So, just because of some negative people you cannot lose hope in yourself. You know the funny part...those who won't support you today...one day they will be up saying "we always knew you have got to do something in life"....weird !!
8. Ignore negative people :
There is a term in Chemistry called 'negative catalyst' which decreases the rate of a reaction but remains unchanged itself. Our society is also full of elements like these. Whenever you will try to start something you have to just ignore these elements. They will try to break you by all means and all you have to do is avoid them with a smile.

6 Comments
REALLY GOOD BLOG
ReplyDeletePerseverance is must. Thank you for the wonderful message
ReplyDeleteGood content....keep it up!!
ReplyDeleteGreat
ReplyDeleteNicely done
ReplyDeleteNice
ReplyDelete