6 SHADES OF MOOD : LIFE TODAY

MIXED FEELINGS



Hi....would you mind if I ask you what are you exactly feeling now....like just at this moment? Sad/happy/angry/bored/restless....which one?
Or is it something kind of in between and you are out of words to explain it?
Relax.....it happens.  
Some weird feelings are there which are really tough to make people understand. But they do happen and left us devastating from inside. It's like anyone has taken 1 tablespoon of each emotion and mixed it so well that we fail to figure it out oftentimes.
I don't know is there a list of them or not. I can tell you whatever I have felt at some point in time in my life. Let's see.......


1. Feeling of not existing :

I am doing something, I am present there physically but I am not there. No, I am not talking about being unmindful or thinking about other things. It is like our mind gets paused....not blank but has stopped connecting with what is happening in front.....just seeing the surface but not scanning. It can happen anytime...maybe you are in the middle of something serious and it just struck you.


2. Feeling low: feeling like I will be crying

Just after waking up sometimes, it feels like everything is very bad and I will cry anytime. And if you ask me why I am crying I don't have anything to answer you because nothing has happened. But I am feeling very sad and low from inside.
As a matter of fact, there will be one point on that day when will you be crying and after that only you will get some relief. And maybe a warm hug can help you to get out of this situation.


3.Cancelling plan with friends at last minute :

I have done this quite a few times actually. For an outing maybe I was planning along with others but at the eleventh hour, I didn't feel like going. It's very hard to explain these situations to them and most of the time I had been misunderstood. I don't know how to explain it but it happens. Especially if you are kind of introvert or may choosy about having people around, you can relate to it.


4.Giving excuses just to stay home alone :

You can only relate if you have done this. Whenever we get on holiday friends are up for an outing and all. That is awesome but for me, it's more attractive having my evening coffee sitting on my balcony with my favorite novel in hand or listening to music. Or maybe just watching movies, web series all day. This thing again is very hard to explain to those who love crowds, party and things like this. But there are people who love to spend holidays this way.....doing their own little things....spending a day with themselves.


5. Feeling restless all of a sudden :

Extreme work pressure or feeling of loneliness can trigger this sometimes. We fail to concentrate on work and regular things, behave rudely with people around us.
This one is I think very commonly in these days of COVID-19 cause. Our lifestyle has changed a lot. We are unable to go outside whenever we want. So sometimes it feels like "I don't care...I am going out whatever it is." But we are out of choice now. Whatever it is we need to stay inside as long as possible.


6. Change of mood as per weather :

This thing I find is really funny and I am quiet in it these days. So what happens is my mood keeps changing according to the weather outside. I love sunny days and it's raining for over 2 to 3 weeks now. Everyday I check the weather report and this week we can get a bit of sun according to the report. I am not a fan of rain and it just snatches all of my mindset for the day. Cannot say that it happens with you guys because I really don't know. But I would love to know what you feel about it. Let me know in the comment section below.

ALSO READTANTRUMS OF MOOD


CONCLUSION :

These situations sometimes get us into trouble, friends, and people who are close to us misunderstand us but we cannot really help it. It happens. We can control it to some extent but if you are controlling too much then it's going to come out one day in a very bad way.

One more thing I want to clarify here. These things can happen with anyone, not necessarily a person suffering from mental health issues has to face these. These are very natural outcome nowadays. We have so hectic lifestyle today that we hardly get a chance to ask for something that we really need. So, if you are feeling to scream or cry...just accept the feeling....it's nothing abnormal. Or in another way, if you say that these are symptoms of mental illness then I must say we all are suffering from mental health issues today.
 
The worst thing is when we are going through these and someone close standing on the opposite side tags it as a drama. Yup, it's true, people behave ruthlessly at times.

My suggestion will be don't suppress your feelings and emotions too much for others. It makes our mind like a pressure-cooker, after a certain time there will be an explosion if you don't let the whistle come out on time and maybe you won't be able to handle it. Again it's not possible every time to express what are we feeling. So try to maintain a balance at least to avoid that explosion.


THANK YOU FOR READING.
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR OPINION IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW.

Post a Comment

13 Comments